At the office of South Florida Laser Dentistry, we offer quality solutions for missing and damaged teeth. Our state-of-the-art porcelain crowns and bridges are some of our best restorative treatments to transform the health and function of your smile back to its optimal state. Crowns and bridges are custom-made prosthetic devices that are bonded to your existing natural teeth or dental implants. They can be matched to the natural color of your teeth.
A crown is a small cap that is shaped like a tooth. It can be used to cover a damaged tooth or to entirely replace a single missing tooth. The most common uses for a crown include:
- Covering a cracked, decayed or weak tooth
- Protecting teeth with very large fillings from fracturing
- Attached to a dental implant to replace a missing tooth
- To enhance a discolored or misshaped tooth.
- To act as an anchor for a dental bridge.
A dental bridge is a fixed appliance that can be used to replace multiple missing teeth. Bridges consist of two crowns at either end that are placed over healthy teeth, and artificial teeth in between that fill the gap caused by missing teeth. Bridges are highly durable dental appliances and could last several years; however, they are subject to normal wear and tear and may need to be re-cemented or replaced after some time. Some of the benefits of dental bridgework include:
- They help in maintaining the shape of your face.
- They fill the gap between missing teeth, preventing the other teeth from getting misaligned.
- They help in restoring speaking and chewing abilities.
- Since it is fixed, there are no worries about misfits or slips.
If you wish to learn more about crowns and bridges, please schedule a consultation at our office by calling us at (954) 726-4511.